CSR owner discussion forum
Open forum to discuss all matters relating to Caterham CSRs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
BlogsBlogs    My BlogWeblogs News

40YOC CSR build underway

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CSR owner discussion forum Forum Index -> -> CSR owner discussion forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyDawg
Driving God

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Contact Cosworth (or someone who recently purchased a Cosworth) for the engine's shipping weight. Then subtract about 20 pounds for the crate and packaging.
alanreeves
Black Stig

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: update If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

where are you with the build
alanreeves
Black Stig

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

looking good
alanreeves
Black Stig

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

did you get any response to this posting ?

alan
TurboWood
Driving God

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

It looks like a bunch of the original thread has been deleted for some reason. I did finally get the car running and have just about finished the registration process. I've put probably 150-200 miles on it so far. I can't say exactly because the speedometer has been giving me trouble. I have been playing with the sensor position and just grounded the sensor to the chassis, but it's still cutting out around 55mph. I saw some other post about rotating the sensor which I'll give a try, but it's a pretty annoying thing to have not working.

It also seems to me like the differential is a 3.62 and not the 3.38 that I ordered. I say this based on using a GPS speedo on my phone and watching the tach. I seem to be close to 80mph at 3500rpm which is well aligned to a 3.62 diff (0.82 5th gear). There is still a chance that this is a tach accuracy issue as there are multiple electrical boxes modifying the signal before it gets to the tach. I'll figure it out next time I have a passenger that can watch my laptop and my phone. If that turns out to be true then I don't know what I'll do. The thought of rebuilding the diff (again) does not excite me.

All that aside, the car is crazy fast. I'm trying to keep it below 4k rpm and avoid full throttle, but that's quite difficult! I still need to get the car tuned for full throttle as well.

Some more detail about the build can be found on the usa7s forum (http://www.usa7s.net/vb/showthread.php?9184-Out-with-the-old-In-with-the-new). Here are the basic specs:

- 2L ecotec turbo engine
- Garrett GTX2860R turbo using modified stock exhaust and intake manifolds
- Water to air intercooler with new radiator in front of the engine radiator
- SPC 5-speed with aluminum case
- Quaife ATB diff
- Final weight of 1430lb with all fluids (650kg)
- Expecting ~300hp to the rear wheels (~350hp at the crank)

I still have some minor projects to work on, but the car is basically done. The main thing I need is an air box and to cut a hole in the hood. Currently I'm sucking in a bunch of hot air and my intake tube runs right over the exhaust manifold so my intake temps are a bit toasty.

Daniel
alanreeves
Black Stig

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

When I had my csr I git to know a but about speeds n ratios. I changed to a 3.14 with my 6 box and it was perfect for me.

Looking at my data:

3.38. 5 box 70mph 2881 revs in 5th

3.62. 5 box. 70mph 3085 revs in 5th

3.38 6 box 70 mph 3513 revs in 6th

3.62 5 box. 70 mph. 3763 revs in 6th

Alan
alanreeves
Black Stig

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ooops did not put 3.14 data in..can if anyone wants it but not home until 20th sept
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CSR owner discussion forum Forum Index -> -> CSR owner discussion forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: