CSR owner discussion forum
Open forum to discuss all matters relating to Caterham CSRs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
BlogsBlogs    My BlogWeblogs News

CSR Shocks/Springs

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CSR owner discussion forum Forum Index -> -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jmracing66
In the garage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: CSR Shocks/Springs If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hi All,

My 2005 original rear shocks are starting to show signs of needing to be replaced. Has anyone on here tried Nitrons or another brand ? I would rather change all 4 rather than just the rears and wondered whether there is a better alternative to the standard caterham bilsteins ?

Cheers
geko1
Blatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hi,

I have this Nitron shocks + springs:

http://www.nitron.co.uk/catalogue_item.php?catID=12164&prodID=73657

I drove only a few hundred kilometers with them before the end of saison.
They are fine and not to hard (a little bit harder then the Bilstein).

The only problem was that Nitron have to rework the the front and rear shocks three times till they fit.

Regards
Gerhard
Kober
New Stig

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I have Penskes from Meteor Motorsport, cost a fortune but they are pretty good I think. I have the 3way but maybe the 2 ways enough.
Hanns Per
rgordonw
L Plates

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I had mine rebuilt by Bilstein earlier this year. £80 + VAT each including new spherical joints.
2-3 week turnaround.

BILSTEIN TECHNICAL CENTER UK
Unit 7 Vitruvius Way
Meridian Business Park
Leicester
LE19 1WA
Tel: 0116 289 8345
Wingco
Blatter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

What mileage had your Bilsteins done when you had them reworked?
rgordonw
L Plates

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Wingco wrote:
What mileage had your Bilsteins done when you had them reworked?

Around 20k. There were no leaks or obvious faults other than some play in spherical joints. As I am planning to keep the car a while, I thought it worthwhile to rebuild and experience the 'new' feel rather than wait till deterioration became obvious.
Do not have a clear before /after comparison as the corner weights before refurb was way off but am well pleased with the result
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CSR owner discussion forum Forum Index -> -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: