CSR owner discussion forum
Open forum to discuss all matters relating to Caterham CSRs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
BlogsBlogs    My BlogWeblogs News

Newbie to caterham with a CSR

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CSR owner discussion forum Forum Index -> -> CSR owner discussion forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bingbong
L Plates

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Newbie to caterham with a CSR If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hi folks, I just picked up a 2006 CSR 260 from caterham south and am driving it to my house in Portugal. Currently in spain as I type. What a wonderful car!
From my drive so far I have gleaned that it needs a good going over. Suspension and running gear is my first priority. Does anyone know where I can source technical info, or a build manual. Does everyone get their day to day spares direct from caterham?
Secondly, I will be converting to left hand drive so I am looking for as much info on this as possible. A left hand drive build book? Is such a thing available?. And lastly,, Very Happy can the Stack dash be changed to KMH speed? I have a manual but it doesn’t give instructions for that.
Any and all help greatly appreciated.
I’ll post up my progress with this car and figure out how to post pictures.. we need more pictures!
All the best
Bingbong..
DavidAshleyPoole
L Plates

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hello Bingbong,

I have a 2005 CSR 260 that I bought in May last year and have faced some of the same problems - and questions - as you. Mine has the integrated cockpit so the LHD and instrument questions do not apply... thanks goodness.

I rebuilt the front suspension and replaced the Heim joints as a precaution, and media blasted the exhaust and wrapped the primaries with Titanium heat wrap. I have used other types in the past, and althoguh they all seem very effective the non-titanium ones look ratty pretty quickly. I had the gearbox rebuilt by Phil at R&R, who also rebuilt the diff (it was wonderfully noisy) and replaced the 3.38 with a 3.14 - and it is now inaudible. I switched to the new lower headlight brackets and made some new sub-harnesses for them. And I changed to Iridium plugs and indexed them, and replaced the Lambda sensor - which improved drive ability a lot. And I bought a full set of weather equipment from Gemma at Thundersports.

My plans include new GT seats and a new (later and faster) ECU and a remap. I have quite a lot of documentation on the car if you send me a message with a contact - my email is david.ashley.poole@icloud.com
alanreeves
Black Stig

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Rear diff etc If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I changed my diff in my now sold CSR to a 3.14 like David with a 6 speed box. Transformed the car for me and blasting the backroads using 3 and 4th and cruising at 3k for 70....

Did a lot of miles in a great car
Bingbong
L Plates

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the replies. And sincere apologies for going missing!
I’ve just spend a testing time driving the car across Spain and Portugal. It’s love hate at this point as it’s a pig to drive and anything below 8/10ths. Now on a mission to make it fast AND sweet...
geko1
Blatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hello,

her you can find almost everthing about the CSR.

http://www.sjmmarsh.f2s.com/7documents.htm

Ciao
Gerry
Bingbong
L Plates

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Wow!! Thanks Gerry Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CSR owner discussion forum Forum Index -> -> CSR owner discussion forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: