CSR owner discussion forum
Open forum to discuss all matters relating to Caterham CSRs

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
BlogsBlogs    My BlogWeblogs News

TPS calibration

Topic Tags 
There are no Forum Tags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CSR owner discussion forum Forum Index -> -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgordonw
L Plates

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: TPS calibration If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

My CSR200 was suffering from poor driveability with lots of shunting/kangarooing on part throttle. The problem was found to be a throttle position sensor which was open circuit for the first part of its movement. New sensor fitted and car infiniitely better.
Is there a calibration procedure for a new sensor?
OfF the car the resistance between top and centre pins is 430 ohms. When fitted resistance is between 780 and 840 ohms depending on whether sensor is biased CCW or CW before tightening screws. Car seems to run better with CCW bias. Car is standard with original 'locked' ECU

Gordon
Kober
New Stig

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hello Gordon,
I have the plenum and TPS and Throttle body on my workbench. I started with a 200 EU4.
As far as I understand there is nothing to calibrate in the ECU as its closed and the TPS is a fixed mounting and no adjustment is possible.
Does it answer Your question?
Best regards Hanns Per
rgordonw
L Plates

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hi Hanns Per,
Thanks for your input.
I have to agree it looks like no adjustment possible and the car now drives pretty well.
However the holes in the sensor are 5.5 mm for M5 screws allowing some rotational movement and car appears to be smoother, particularly from cold, when sensor is tightened in the fully anti clockwise direction.
In a bid for perfection I will try turning a reduced diameter on the neck of some screws to gain a little more movement to see if I can find a sweet spot.

Gordon
CharlesC
Black Stig

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hi Gordon,

My understanding is that the ECU measures the zero throttle position each time the car is started so no adjustment required, however it is important that the car is started with no throttle each time otherwise the ECU gets its self into a knot.
If the zero point is miles away from the previous reading then it may take half a dozen ignition resets to finally get the ECU setting in line with the actual value.
I witnessed this when I had mine re-mapped and tested swapping the TPS to see if this would fix a fault on my car.

Regards
rgordonw
L Plates

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hi Charles,
That makes a lot of sense and explains why my attempts at adjustment were giving inconsistent results.

Many thanks

Gordon
DavidAshleyPoole
L Plates

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: CSR 260 TPS If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a CSR 260 and decided that I should replace the TPS to see if I could improve drivability. I have a Cosworth 260 build manual and it shows an adjustable TPS and gives a setting procedure using a Cosworth TPS setting box. The TPS part number referenced is PR 6314. Any light you can shed on this would be much appreciated, and where I might get a replacement TPS... and I would be glad to send you the manual if you are interested.

Regards,
David Poole

geko1
Blatter

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hi,

the TPS for the CSr260 is a from Ford with part no.: 988F 9B989 BB

Regards
Geko
Bingbong
L Plates

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hi all,
I’m a new owner of a 2006 CSR 260. While I love the car I’m on a mission to improve it. Firstly the drive ability of the car in traffic and part throttle. When trying to cruise at 70mph it misses and hunts terribly. I had a problem with the roller barrel synch screw coming loose and caused a very rough engine. Basically running on 2 cylinders at part throttle. That was easily put right but it has highlighted my need to run through the set up of the engine from top to bottom.
So I’m on a hunt for as much info as I can get. The TPS could very well be a good place to start.
David, you made a kind offer of sharing the cosworth build manual. That would be a fantastic help to me if it’s stillavailable?

Standby for lots of questions about this great car.....

Thanks a lot
David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CSR owner discussion forum Forum Index -> -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: